How To Make A Blog
So you want to make $10.000 by creating a blog!
I guess you just typed this question “How to start a blog and make money” into Google and came across this site?
So first of all, you’ve come to the right place.
We’re friendly here,
we even serve you a coffee ☕️ (or a tea 🍵) to welcome you.
Let’s get to the heart of the matter:
Making money blogging is a great way to make a living. It’s even a proven way over the past few years.
But you still have to do it correctly.
Well, that’s JUST what this guide is all about.
Are you ready?
In this guide we will see the different methods that exist to earn an additional income or even a very comfortable salary by starting a blog.
Blogs are powerful channels to publish content by bloggers and develop the image of companies. They allow you to tell stories, share experiences or provide expertise. The goal is to generate relevant, effective and accessible content for the user.
Can anyone make money easily with a blog? How To Make A Blog
Before discussing the different methods you can use to make money with a blog, you should first ask yourself if it is easy and if it is possible?
First of all, nothing is easy.
Everything requires hard work.
Money will not fall from the sky.
But the advantage of creating your own business by creating and earning money with your blog means that you are doing it on your own and working for yourself!
how to start a blog and make money? How To Make A Blog
This is a question that we are often asked.
Indeed, there are many ways to create a business on the Internet and to earn money using different means and different platforms. starting a blog is one of those ways to actually make money on the internet.
Depending on the strategies you will use some methods that will allow you to earn money in a recurring way.
Whether you’re thinking of starting a blog or improving your current one, it’s time for you to become a real expert in the field. There’s only one way to get there: read up on the subject. Then experiment.
You can take this initiative on your own. Or you can benefit from our own advice, studies, remarks… and experiments! Welcome to the world of internet research 4.0!
The blog must be thought of today as a tool at the service of your business. It allows you to promote your know-how and your experience, while allowing you to appear in the first results of Google on specific requests.
Before starting this guide, here are the different sections for this part one, to be read in order or not:
- What is a blog?
- Why creating a blog?
- What you MUST know before you start?
- How to decide what to post on your blog?
- How Choose the perfect platform for your blog?
- How To send your blog to search engines?
1. What is a blog?
A Blog represents a kind of Internet site that can be presented as a personal diary published on the Web, and accessible to Internet users worldwide. It is a simplified form of a website, offering a ready-to-use service to Internet users, and technically managed by an editor.
The blog allows certain web users, the bloggers, to share their opinions, comments, moods, points of view on current events, by writing articles, publishing photos, etc…
A blog does not require, in its usual version, any technical skills. This makes it a very accessible and democratic communication tool for all Internet users. All blogger profiles are represented on the web:
- People wishing to share personal information with their relatives
individuals who want to speak publicly about subjects that are important to them.
- Experts or professionals who present their career path, to make themselves known to prospects or recruiters.
- Enterprises create a blog adjacent to their shop or e-commerce portal to present their news and inform their users about their offer.
- Associations, which use the blog to inform users about a subject and their news.
Since its emergence, the blog has been widely democratized and is now available in many forms. Some of them look like real websites with a high level of professional rigor, while others are more about the simple desire to share one’s existence on the Web using another medium than Facebook or other social networks.
The fact that you can create a free blog in a few minutes has contributed to the democratization and the explosion of the number of blogs on the Internet. Many web players, such as WordPress, e-monsite, webnode or wix.com, offer the creation of a free blog in just a few clicks. They can then be customized according to the desires of each. One of the characteristics of blogs is their great flexibility.
2. Why creating a blog? How To Make A Blog
A website is a business card that must always be improved, especially by regularly producing new relevant content.
Creating a personal blog or a professional blog has many advantages and can meet many objectives both for companies seeking visibility, traffic or new customers and also individuals who want to earn a lot of money by creating niche blogs especially in the most sought after areas on the internet such as health, money, travel, …
The advantages of creating a blog are :
For businesses :
- Generate qualified traffic
- Convert traffic into leads
- Boost the awareness of their company
- Improve your brand image
- Know the requirements of their audience
- Expand their audience
- Build customer loyalty
For individuals :
- Develop their teaching skills
- share their knowledge with everyone
- make money by creating niche blogs
- Expand their audience
- sell products online
- do affiliate marketing
- make money with Google AdSense
- sell their knowledge online
- become a freelancer in their specialty
- become an influencer in their niche area
- capture emails by sharing their knowledge for free
4. What you MUST know before you start? How To Make A Blog
Creating a blog that leads you to success that generate a good income is not an easy task. Currently, many bloggers fail to generate income from their blogs and this is the case for myself when I started a few years ago. Indeed, people think that publishing articles on blogs and putting some ads and some affiliate links they will quickly generate income … and then disappointed to discover that they have earned only a few cents per month. Making money with a blog is not a miracle. It takes work.
To create a successful blog you must:
- Choose a good and profitable niche for your blog.
- Choose a good domain name that is relevant to your niche.
- Choose a good hosting provider like bluhost, namecheap or hostinger.
- Build relationships with other (friendly) bloggers.
- Identify the needs of your readers.
- Write long, relevant and search engine friendly articles.
- Write catchy titles.
- Learn how to build a business around your blog.
- Improve your understanding of blogging and seo.
- Never give up especially in the first 6 months.
- Offer freebies for your audience to keep them coming back.
5. How to decide what to post on your blog?
How to start a blog and make money
To choose a good “niche” for your blog in order to make money from it (our essential goal), here are some simple steps to follow:
1. Write down the goals you want to achieve with the blog you are about to create:
- What is your ultimate goal?
- What do you want from this blog?
- A hobby?
Whatever the reasons, write them down! However, even if your ultimate goal is to generate money from your blog, I don’t advise you to start blogging for money. Most bloggers who started a blog just to make money in the beginning never made a fortune. Paradoxically, when you start blogging to share something you love and that is useful to Internet users, you can stay motivated all the time and you can earn a lot of money in the end.
So you understand that the ultimate goal you choose should be closer to being useful than to being greedy.
2. Make a list of the topics you found based on:
- Your experience with the topic
- Your interest in the topic
- Your desire to learn how to blog about the topic
Don’t just write down whatever comes to mind, as some internet research can be helpful (for ideas). Again, don’t take this step lightly. Take the time you need, because it’s better to spend a week choosing the niche of your blog than to spend years blogging about the wrong subject.
3. Eliminate topics that don’t fit your expectations and your interests.
Go through your list of topics and eliminate the topics that are harder to achieve, the less important ones.
4. Make a short list of 2-5 good topics
Research 2-5 topics in depth, Talk to someone you trust. Discuss together the pros and cons of each topic according to your criteria.
There are many tools on the internet that will help you in the choice of your niche, I can briefly mention the 3 tools below:
Google trends: a tool that allows you to analyze and estimate the proportion of searches according to your criteria.
google keyword planner: a tool that allows you to analyze and estimate the number of monthly searches on a subject according to the defined criteria
simalrweb : a competitor analysis tool to help you make the right decisions (install their chrome extension, it is very useful).
There are other tools, but personally I use these three and they are sufficient.
If your goal is to make money from your blog, include that in your criteria. There are many ways to make money online at home from a blog: coaching, selling products and services, selling e-books, affiliate marketing, advertising etc.
So before you make a final choice, check if another blogger has generated income on a similar topic while looking at reports that some bloggers share on their blogs. Anyway, you should not only choose a “blog niche” for its income potential, you should also and especially choose it for the potential you have. You need to answer the most important question in your business.
5.Choose the perfect platform for your blog?
Now that you have reached this point, I think you have read the previous points carefully and have decided to go very far in the adventure of creating a website to earn money! Excellent decision! By doing your research online, you will have no trouble finding different offers for services, platforms or tools that will help you build and manage your website. But with so many choices, it can become difficult to know which platform is best for your business. There are many platforms that allow you to create a blog in just a few minutes, without needing any technical knowledge. Some have free versions while others still offer free features and additional paid features.
Creating a blog is relatively simple. The hardest part is often choosing the platform that suits you best among the various existing platforms. To help you make this decision, we recommend that you choose from the four platforms below:
WordPress is a free content management system. The biggest advantage of this software tool is that (although WordPress has no help desk as such) its community is more than enough to answer all your questions.
- WordPress makes it easy to edit a blog and schedule posts.
- WordPress can link to other extensions or third-party software that will provide useful functions.
- It facilitates SEO optimization, CTA creation, editorial calendars, AMP page support, performance analysis, email marketing and many other options that require additional tools.
- It is still the most used CMS software in the world, which is a testament to its reliability!
- the popularity of WordPress sometimes comes with its own set of inconveniences!
- WordPress is experiencing more hacker attacks.
- Some themes contain a lot of unnecessary generic codes.
- We all hesitate to invest in customization, as it can get expensive.
After WordPress, Joomla! is the second most popular Web CMS. And it’s free, too!
- joomla is considered more secure than WordPress since it has a smaller number of users;
- less prone to attacks.
- One of the interesting features of Joomla! is the metalinguistic option in the creation of websites or blogs; an aspect that is more difficult to achieve with WordPress, as different extensions must be added for this purpose.
- complexity of use compared to WordPress.
- In some cases, extensions and enhancements become expensive.
- there is no automatic backup tool included in this web CMS.
- if the user makes a bad manipulation or in case of computer error, he will unfortunately lose his work.
Drupal is also one of the most popular CMS and is also free.
- The basic modules allow you to create a blog, a forum and even a basic website.
- The design templates are also numerous, leaving over 2000 free choices at your disposal!
- Its interface remains difficult to use, among other things because of the lack of compatibility with other extensions (plugins).
- the basic version offers few options, so users must install multiple extensions to implement their ideas.
Although the Wix content management system is proprietary, there is a free version. This one is very convenient for those who are launching their first website or for small businesses.
- The Wix App Market is also very popular with users as it allows them to integrate a range of free and paid applications.
- The domain name will then be automatically attached to “.wix.com”. To get rid of this mention, you have to buy one of their paid packages.
- Wix does not have a blogging tool (you must install one).
- the free version provides a help service that seems incomplete as to
the platform allows you to duplicate a page to translate it into another language which is a very useful feature. However, this feature is not yet very developed, requiring you to translate all your pages yourself!
6.Submit Your Website to Search Engines
Now that you’ve created your website, it’s time to submit it to search engines for indexing.If search engines don’t know your website exists, the chance of ranking you well is not only unlikely, but impossible.
Search engines take time to discover (and index) new Web sites. This means that if you search for your website created two days ago in Google, chances are you will be disappointed. 9 times out of 10, you won’t find anything.
Here is the list of the most important search engines:
google: search engine developed by google and it is the most important and the most known.
Bing: Historical search engine developed by Microsoft since 1998 (MSN Search), 2nd largest search engine after Google
Yahoo! : Very complete search engine with unique features
Qwant : French search engine that focuses on data protection since 2011
DuckDuckGo : “The search engine that doesn’t spy on you” according to its developers
Ecosia: A German search engine that is committed to the environmental cause
StartPage by ixquick: A metasearch engine that protects your privacy
Lilo: A philanthropic search engine that redistributes its revenues as users wish
Quora : A question and answer engine enriched by the collaborative system
Xaphir : French search engine (bought by Qwant)
Yippy : Search engine that sorts results into folders according to the user’s needs
We will show you how to submit your site to google and it will be the same for all other search engines.
So to submit your site to Google and get it indexed, just follow the steps below:
create a sitemap
Since Google ended its URL submission tool in July 2018, the only way to submit your website is to add your sitemap in Search Console.
A sitemap is a file that lists all the pages on a website. It is most often an XML file. It is also called the site map.
The sitemap of your site is usually found on yourdomain/sitemap.xml. If you don’t see it, check your robots.txt file by visiting yourdomain/robots.txt; it should display the sitemap URL. If not, you will have to create this file, using a plugin.
the most recommended plugin for seo and that will allow you to have easily your sitemap file is yoast plugin.
log into google search console and add sitemaps
So you found sitemap right ? Congratulations. You must submit it to Google, via the search console.
Search Console > Sitemaps > paste the URL of your sitemap > click on “send”.
NB: It is advisable to add and check your website in Google Webmaster Tools before submitting your sitemap.
Conclusion: How to start a blog and make money
making money online is not an easy thing to do, it requires a lot of techniques and knowledge and above all a lot of patience.
As a beginner, knowing where to start is not always easy. But don’t worry, the experts at OneDigiClick are here to help you. We explain each step in detail through informative pages. With the credible possibilities we’ve found on the net and after reading our articles, you’ll have everything you need to get started.
With the current circumstances and the ever increasing unemployment rate, many people see “working online from home” as a way to earn money to support themselves and their families.
Many people are interested in several methods of making money online and among these methods is “how to make money blogging“.
Below are some questions asked on search engines such as google and pinterest:
All these questions are legitimate and every person deserves to receive accurate answers, but only a small percentage of people succeed in building a real business on the internet because most of them do not have the five essential qualities to succeed in the online business. These qualities are listed below:
you must always believe in yourself. Whatever your personality (or your skills), you can do it and get something to improve your daily life. So, first of all, be ambitious and stay motivated!
don’t expect to make “crazy money” without any effort. There are dozens of money-making techniques, but unfortunately no miracle solution.
in general, this quality will pay off in the end, because your financial comfort will be achieved over time. You will never earn a lot overnight. It will happen gradually, in several stages. Isn’t it said that “everything comes to those who wait”?
get the information you need. This way, you will know which offers are the most profitable. Our guide and many other sources of information on the web, such as the ODC blog for example, will direct you to those you should not miss.
this quality is a perfect complement to the previous one. Avoid scams that can make you lose time, or worse, all your savings…
Can you really make money on the Internet?
If you are asking yourself this legitimate question like many of our readers, here is the answer: it’s a big yes. We regularly give you new proof by adding more and more explanatory content on this site. In fact, to be sure, we recommend that you browse through onedigiclick.com using the main menu at the top of the pages (when you have some time to spare).
To be able to earn money online by creating your blog, take a look at the ways listed in this article; they are accessible regardless of your internet profile. They are real and legitimate methods.